Tuesday 1 June 2010

Shoes, Ray Ban and my birthday weekend!

This has been the first chance I have been able to sit down and write my blog for last week. It was a pretty busy week but so much fun.

Throughout the week I was organising permits and finding models for my forthcoming 'Ice Cream Shades' shoot as well as shooting my 'Must Have' flat sandals page.
Wednesday night I went to the Ray Ban Aviator party. It was such a great night, they had some amazing bands playing like The New York Dolls and The Big Pink. Went home with a fab new pair of metallic blue Aviators which I absolutely love.


Thursday I went out to two press days in the afternoon. Schuh have a great selection of shoes and boots for A/W 10 and they had my favourite nail art company, WAH! Nails, on hand as well. I had a really cool orange and yellow leopard print design. The invite to this press day really caught my eye when it got sent to me. The details were printed on an old school record, such a great idea.


Then onto the Kurt Geiger press event aka shoe heaven! So many amazing pairs over two floors, set out in a winter wonderland.


They also gave out the best press gift of the season so far. A pair of knee high riding boots, so I'm all set for the snow before summer has really kicked in, but they can be put in the back of my shoe cupboard until they are ready to make their debut!!

Friday in the office was relatively quiet, I was researching for my main fashion shoot and doing returns. That evening my boyfriend met me from work and took me out for a pre birthday meal in Covent Garden, which was lovely. I didn't know where he had booked so I went for an outfit that was fit for a day in the office as well as any restaurant he chose to take me!

Cream leather jacket-Doma; Stripe top-Land's End; Cream chinos-New Look; Lace up wedges-ASOS; Bag-Mulberry

He went off on a stag weekend on the Saturday which meant I could have a girlie birthday weekend. A few of my friends and I went from brunch at The Luxe near Spitalfields Market on Saturday morning, followed by a full on day of shopping. We hit the Reiss sample and warehouse sale where I bought some shorts and vests and then onto pretty much all of the other stores on Oxford Street, my poor bank balance! We even got snapped for ASOS street style which was quite funny.
This was my outfit:

Cardigan-Limited Collection at Marks & Spencer; Denim jumpsuit-Urban Outfitters; Pink pumps- Topshop; Belt-Vintage.

Saturday night we went for a few cocktails before watching Sex and the City 2. Was a slight disappointment but I love SATC so I can't say too many bad things about the film!

Sunday was my 23rd birthday, woke up to a Barbie birthday cake opened lots of fab pressies and then went off to the Hilton on Park Lane for afternoon tea with all of my friends, my sister, mum, great aunt and my boyfriends aunt. It was the perfect start to a great birthday and something really different.
After our very sophisticated tea my friends and I headed to Hoxton for one of the most fun and extremly drunken birthdays I've ever had.
I wore loafers during the day with my outfit and changed into killer heel wedges in the evening

Pink blazer-Miss Selfridge; Silk vest-Urban Outfitters; Shorts-Zara; Loafers-Linzi; Bag-Vintage

I was so glad to have Bank Holiday Monday to recover.
I had a really great week and an amazing birthday weekend, and now ready for another busy week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia