Saturday 17 April 2010

Lindsay's year so far

When I finished my degree i fashion marketing last year I didn't know how I was ever going to get my dream job. I spent my days during the first few weeks after uni constantly emailing trying to get work placements. I knew that I wanted to work for a newspaper or magazine and the only way to do this was to work for free. I finally started to get replies and arranged a number of placements over the summer months.
After two months work experience at the Express it came about that they were looking for a new fashion assistant for the Sunday fashion team. This was my perfect job! Over the next few months I worked as hard as I could to impress everyone and finally in january this year I started in my new position!
The past few months have flown by and I have been involved in so many amazing experieces. I get to assist on fashion shoots most weeks and help with the day to day business in the office. I spend everyday around clothes...it's perfect for me!
My hightlight so far was a trip to Lanzarote in March. We were there for five days shooting swimwear and holiday clothes. It was hard work, early mornings, dragging suitcases across sandy beaches and making sure the models don't get sunburnt! But it was great fun and showed me exactly why I tried so hard to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia