Friday 23 April 2010

Press Days, Double Denim and A Marathon Run!

Well, for starters I'm still in England. I frantically packed on Sunday night, after spending the day in the busiest beer garden in Essex, only to be told on Monday morning that we weren't going anywhere. So the Cyprus trip has been moved to the week of 3rd May.

Back in the office this week, I have started calling in samples for a City Shorts Must Have page I'm styling. Its the perfect story for me because I have a huge weakness for a great pair of shorts and will probably end up buying a few pairs! Thought I'd start the week as I meant to go on and went to the gym with my friends straight from work. Although I'm beginning to think this is just a new place for us to go to gossip!

Tuesday morning was an early start with a breakfast and preview screening of the new Next advert which aired on Friday http://www.next.co.uk/tv/ It's a great ad and shows off the clothes so well, it actually made me want to buy Next for the first time! I then popped in to the Ebay Fashion Outlet press event. Ebay have collaborated with several high street stores, where you can buy last season's items with huge discounts, its a great concept especially if you missed something in store the first time around.

Wednesday I thought I'd try out one of this seasons biggest (and slightly tricky)looks...double denim. This is how I wore it, but you can tell me if it worked or not!!




Denim shirt, Topshop - Jeans, Uniqlo - Trench coat, ASOS - Pink pumps, Topshop - Pink bag, Marc Jacobs - Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Went to the Joules and Arcadia press days on Wednesday. Joules was, as expected, very 'lady of the manor' country wear although it is slightly more trend focused for next season which was good to see. I got a great pair of navy wellies perfect for the festival season as a gift from them. Arcadia as ever, was amazing. Miss Selfridge pulled out all the stops and displayed their Autumn/Winter collection in a winter wonderland. I thought this dress was amazing and something a little different for Miss Selfridge.


Topshop of course, always on top of every trend and are now starting a make up range with all of the seasons perfect colours, a sure sell out!


Thursday, I spent most of the day in the office, editing all the shorts that PRs had sent in for my Must Have page, and then went to the Johnnie B for Boden launch party in the evening. Amazing party,with Daisy Dares You DJing. Especially loved the photo booth and WAH Nails counter, where Lindsay and I had leopard print nail art!!


Plans for the weekend include the Fashion Editor of S Magazine's (Lindsay's boss)birthday party and chilling out in the sun on Sunday whilst cheering on my very brave and athletic friend as she runs the London Marathon. She is raising money for Contact a Family and has almost reached her target of £1500, so sponsor her for what will be an amazing achievement http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=NatalieAdams


Follow The Assistants Wear Primark on Twitter http://twitter.com/T_A_W_P

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia