Sunday 16 May 2010

Back to reality...

Back in the office this week, after Cyprus and it started really well. My 'Must Have' Spring Jackets page was published in Monday's paper which I was really happy to see. My next page will be City Shorts so keep a look out for that and I have started calling in Kaftans to shoot next week.

Lindsay and I went to several press days this week. We checked out Dorothy Perkins high summer beach resort day, Lands End, Marks & Spencer, Moda in Pelle and Office.
Moda in Pelle have designed some great shoes for Autumn/Winter as well as their predictable jewel encrusted stilettos, not really my taste but as a favourite of Katie Price there is definitely a market for a bit of bling!
Both Marks & Spencer and Office really impressed me. M&S have some great fashion forward pieces and have picked up on all the main A/W 10 trends. It seems that the days of A Line skirts for your granny are well a truly gone and beautiful soft leather skirts in nude tones as well as fur lined coats are in.


The location of the Office press day was great, it was held in the Painting Rooms in west London and had all the shoes hung from the celling or on a conveyor belt. Not only did it look impressive but the shoes, as always, were great.


Friday morning a rather strange gift arrived for me in the post. Thank you to the PR that sent me the 'Come on England' false eyelashes but I think I'll give them a miss.


That evening I had plans for dinner with some friends at Gaucho so I had to find an outfit that could take me through from a day in the office to dinner and drinks with the girls.
I opted for this:



Dress,Topshop; Leather jacket,Doma; Belt,Banana Republic; Ankle boots,Office; Bag,Angel Jackson.

The rest of my weekend has been surprisingly quiet but a welcome change. My new obsession with the gym is still going strong and was there Saturday and Sunday (am really feeling the pain in all my muscles now though) Then spent the rest of the afternoon reading my favourite Sunday newspaper supplements, Fabulous and Sunday Times Style. Refreshed and ready for my week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia