Sunday 2 May 2010

City Shorts, Karaoke and a Sports Luxe shoot!

This week started relatively quietly after a pretty busy weekend. Lindsay and I went to the fashion editor of Smag's birthday bash in Shoreditch last Saturday. Was a great night!


Then an early start on Sunday to watch my friend run the London Marathon. She was amazing and finished in 4 hours 13 minutes, raising over £1500.

This week I shot city shorts for my 'Must Have' shopping page and as predicted I'm planning on buying two pairs. Went to a few press days to check out what New Look, River Island and Gap will have on offer for Autumn/Winter. New Look have some amazing pieces and their shoes in particular were great. Fur lined clogs and a pair of velvet shoes were my favourite.
Gap have designed a range of 'Perfect Trousers' all with a different fit perfect for any body shape. I think a pair of these trousers will definitely be a staple part of my wardrobe come Autumn.

Although, a main part of my wardrobe at the moment seems to be stripes. My newest stripy purchase has been a navy & white thick stripe blazer.

Blazer - Fearne Cotton for Very.com ; Jeggings - ASOS; Lace up wedges - ASOS; Bag - Mulberry; Sunglasses - Ray Ban; Rope necklace - ASOS

This week Faith shoes went into administration, quite sad seeing as they have been around for so long, although I suggest you get down to your nearest store because they are selling all shoes with big discounts and actually have some great summer sandals at the moment.

So Thursday myself and the fashion team went to celebrate one of our beloved post room guy's 50th birthday. Lots of drinks and karaoke was in order and it was such a fun night.


Friday was a big day for me, my first ever main fashion shoot went into the paper. I had a double, centre page spread for the Sports Luxe story I styled. Here is the link so check it out and see what you think http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/features/view/172405/The-look-of-luxe
I wasn't actually in the office on Friday, I had booked a day off and so went shopping with a friend. First stop was a sample sale I had heard about through work, and picked up some amazing designer bargains. A cream Doma leather jacket for only £50 and a pair of grey James Jeans for £10! Bought my first pair of clogs since I was about 10 years old (although a must have for this season) and then the inevitable trip to Topshop as always.

Friday night I went to an 80's bar to celebrate my friend's 25th birthday. So much fun, with constant cheesy 80s hits playing and lots of glow sticks and blow up microphones being passed around all night.

I am finally off to Cyprus tomorrow on the work trip that was postponed due to the volcanic ash cloud. So at 12.50 tomorrow afternoon I'll be flying off to assist on 4 photo shoot. Will fill you in on how it all goes when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia