Sunday 16 May 2010

Stacey Solomon, press days and my first test shoot...

I’ve finally had time to sit down and write this week’s blog entry! So much has happened…

Last Tuesday I assisted the fashion editor on a shoot with Carol Vorderman. This was for a feature in the magazine to coincide with the release of Carol’s new book. She wore some amazing dresses and looked great.

As Simona was away in Cyprus this week it was quite quiet for me in the office. I got to interview for new interns which was really surreal as this time last year it was me being interviewed! We are going to have an intern all the time now which will be great to have someone else to help.

Last weekend I went on a spontaneous road trip to Nottingham with two of my friends. It was so nice to be back in the city where I went to Uni and see lots of my old friends but it really made me miss it!

Back in the office on Monday and it was going to be a very busy week. The first couple of days we were preparing for a photo shoot with Stacey Solomon. Stacey was really nice and so photogenic. She was someone that I was really interested to meet. It was amazing to hear her story of X Factor, and to see how she was such a normal person. The shoot itself was 1940’s oriental style. The set looked fantastic, we borrowed authentic Chinese furniture from a shop in Stoke Newington, and it really gave the image we were looking for.


Set for Stacey Solomon shoot


One of the outfits on the set


Dresses for Stacey


Me with Stacey

On Thursday I went to a couple of press days with Simona. We went to Office first which was in an amazing location. The theme of the press day was that it was a shoe factory. The location was an old factory style building called The Painting Rooms. The walls were covered in paint. The collection itself was really nice as usual from Office. There were lots of vintage inspired shoes, lots of boots with low heels, which I love being tall. We then went to Land’s End which was on the 31st floor of a building in the centre of London. The view out the window was fantastic. The collection was much more fashion forward for Land’s End and there were lots of nice prints and pieces I could see myself wearing.

Thursday evening and I was styling my first test shoot. This is a shoot that I can use in my portfolio, and is great practice for me. I was really lucky to get a great experienced model, and I had a photographer that I know quite well so it was really easy for us to get some great shots. The theme to my shoot was nude colours. I enjoyed styling so much, and it was so good to see the pictures after. I’m really pleased by them I can’t wait to do my next one now!Here is a taster of the shots we did, thy're not retouched yet so they're not perfect!






As we are so busy in the office at the moment I had to work Friday which is usually my day off. We are planning for a 1960’s style shoot on Tuesday, so we spent the day looking for a male model and 1960’s mod style clothes. Later next week I am also assisting on an Underwear as Outerwear shoot. This one will be really interesting as it is being shot in a vintage car.

I planned to have a chilled out weekend this week, but I ended up going out locally on Saturday night. Apart from that it was quite relaxing, I needed some time doing nothing after the busy week I’ve had!

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't you say you were looking for a male model???

    ReplyDelete

 

avandia